Saturday, July 16, 2011

Where-Oh-Where Have I Been?!

Butterfly enjoying echinacea
So, looking at my poor little blog,  I see that it will soon be a year since I last posted!  I've taken loads and loads of photos with the express purpose of posting them here, but alas!  It just hasn't happened.  There are so many things I want to tell you about, such as my new garden beds, my hugelkulture endeavors, how I've foiled the hawks in their attempts at getting my chickens, etc.,  but I will just have to try and catch up gradually.  In the meantime, enjoy a few recent photos from some of my strolls around Cairnwood Cottage the past few days....
Close-up of the butterfly bush (buddleia) that grows by our front yard stream
Zebra/Maiden Grass (Miscanthus sinensis "Zebrinus") in one of my newer perennial beds
"Cherry Brandy" rudbeckia in a new perennial bed

 The Stamen Choir....it looks as if these stamen are a choir floating above the petals of this daylily, singing praises to the glorious new day!

 Newly-purchased (and as yet un-planted) varieties of rudbeckia...hey, they were on sale and I couldn't resist.  I LOVE rudbeckia!
 Wild daylilies hovering over our front yard stream....they  look as if they're cooling their "feet" in the water!

 Sweet pea in a front yard flower bed (the variety escapes me at the moment, I have it written down somewhere!)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the world of Gaia...reminding all just how beautiful she is!

    ReplyDelete