Monday, July 18, 2011

Life....and Death

In case you haven't figured it out, I love flowers.  I love taking pictures of flowers, especially close-up.  Close up and with things crawling all over them.  See below.


Echinacea with bee and butterfly

I also love to see things living together in peace and harmony, see above.  But, I live in the real world and I know that can't always be the case.  I know things have to kill other things in order to survive, but I just wish it weren't so.  The poor unfortunate bee in the photo below had been enjoying her time on the echinacea flower, probably happily gathering pollen, when suddenly she became ensnared in a spider's web.  Said spider crept out, did the deed and is now happily snacking on the unfortunate bee.  See below.  I just wish the spider had nabbed one of those bugs that we really don't like at all, like Japanese beetles, or something similarly destructive.  Ah, such is life...

Poor little bee has become a spider snack

No comments:

Post a Comment