Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cairnwood's Frugal Tip of the Day

I'm always looking for ways to save money. A tip that I came across recently, and I can't believe I didn't think of this before, was to save the plastic bag inside cereal boxes. They're clean, food grade, and air tight, except of course for the top that's been opened. I've got dozens of these bags now, and whenever I need to coat something in a breading, I just put the breading in one of these bags, toss in the vegetables or whatever I'm breading, and shake until the items are coated. Works like a charm, and I'm using something that otherwise would have been thrown away. Same goes for bread bags if you buy store-bought bread. I've saved those for years to use in the same way, or for storing home-made bread, muffins, biscuits, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment