Monday, April 27, 2009

Are These My Babies?


Are you my mother?!

Toodie, my Australian Shepherd, is such a little mother. She's adopted my peeps, and I think she believes she needs to mother them. I took the peeps outside again today to enjoy the gorgeous 90 degree day while I planted some Tribute strawberries. Toodie had to be as close to the peeps as she could get; she planted herself in front of the peep crate and didn't move for at least 1/2 hour, intently watching their every move. She only left their side when I made her go back into the fenced dog yard.

I must admit that I was happy to see that she wasn't drooling while she was watching the peeps...she does eat a "raw, meaty bones" diet, which consists mainly of....chicken!


A fascinated Toodie watches her "babies"

No comments:

Post a Comment